Sharon Sakson is a freelance writer/producer of television programs in New York. She has been a Field Producer for NBC Sports, WNBC, and ABC National News. She produced programs for Court TV, Food TV and local television stations in Baltimore, Chicago and San Francisco. In her essay for Almost Perfect, Sharon shares the story of the healing power of Mexican Hairless dogs for people with severe joint pain, even as the dogs themselves are stricken with debilitating disabilities.
Writing and Professional Background
- Currently: Writer, journalist and television producer, dog breeder and show judge
- 2008: Sharon follows up with Paws to Protect: Dogs Saving Lives and Restoring Hope, the third in her popular “Paws” series from Alyson Press
- 2007: Sharon has several books published:
- Brussels Griffons: The Complete Pet Owner’s Manual (Barron’s)
- Paws & Effect: The Healing Power of Dogs (Alyson Press)
- Paws & Reflect: A Special Bond Between Man & Dog (Alyson Press)
- Sharon is the author of two Bantam travel guides, and writer of more than 100 articles.
Education and Personal
- Sharon holds a Master of Fine Arts in Writing degree from the New School for Social Research in New York City.
Volunteer Work and Other Activities
- Sharon is a breeder of champion Whippets, Dachshunds and Brussels Griffons, under her “Parisfield” kennel prefix.
- She is an accredited American Kennel Club dog show judge, judging most of the hound group and some working breeds.